[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Museums and the Web 98: Call for Papers

Dear STAMAsters,

Sorry for cross-postings ...

>Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 17:04:12 -0500
>To: (Recipient list suppressed)
>From: jtrant@archimuse.com (J. Trant)
>Subject: Museums and the Web 98: Call for Papers
>Sender: owner-aus-archivists@asap.unimelb.edu.au
>
>With apologies for any duplication; please forward as appropriate.
>

>                             CALL FOR PAPERS
>
>            Museums and the Web: An International Conference
>              Toronto, Ontario, Canada, April 21-26, 1998
>
>               Organised by Archives & Museum Informatics
>
>        Sponsored by the Canadian Heritage Information Network
>
>     The 1997 Museums and the Web Conference attracted over 400
>     participants to Los Angeles, to hear reports and analysis by over
>     50 speakers from 11 countries. We expect the 1998 meeting in
>     Toronto to bring together more members of the ever-growing Museum
>     and the Web community.
>
>     Submissions of papers are requested from those actively involved
>     in shaping what the museum will look like on the World Wide Web.
>     The Program for Museums and the Web 1998 will be selected from
>     proposals contributed in response to this call. Proposals are
>     being accepted until October 31, 1997 to present a paper or teach
>     a workshop (1/2 or full day).
>
>     Paper proposals should include:
>
>        * Full identification of the presenter(s), including name, job
>          title, institution, postal address, phone, fax, email, and
>          URL
>        * The title of the proposed paper
>        * An abstract which clearly states the specific contribution
>          the paper or presentation will make
>        * AV Requirements for presentation
>
>     Workshop proposals must include:
>
>        * Full identification of the instructor(s), including name,
>          title, postal address, phone, fax, email, and URL.
>        * A syllabus outlining the content to be presented and learning
>          objectives for the workshop
>        * Dates and places where this workshop has been previously
>          presented
>        * Proposed contract terms
>        * AV Requirements for presentation
>

>     TOPICS
>
>     Suggested paper topics may include, but are not limited to:
>
>       1. Moving Museum Programs to the Web
>
>             o Educational Outreach
>             o The Museum Digital Community: Electronic Volunteers,
>               Virtual Members, Remote Audiences
>             o Professional Resources on the Web: Web Museology,
>               Virtual Support Networks, Professional Organizations
>             o Museum Public Relations via an Institutional Web Site
>             o Museum Exhibitions on the Web
>             o Higher Education and Museums on the Web
>             o Income Producing Activity and the Web
>             o Imagebases, Multimedia, and Publishing
>             o The Concept of the "Museum" in the Digital Age
>
>       2. Adapting Museum Structures for the Web
>
>             o Staffing, Training, and Professional Development.
>             o Budgeting, Managing, Maintaining and Updating a Web
>               Presence.
>             o Museum Intranets - Leveraging the Technology for
>               In-house Benefits.
>             o Consortia, National, and International Projects.
> [...]
*   Gavan McCarthy - Director
*    Australian Science Archives Project
*     University of Melbourne
*       203 Bouverie Street
*        Carlton, Vic. 3053 Australia
*         gavan@asap.unimelb.edu.au
*          Phone: +61 3 9344 9287 Fax: +61 3 9349 4630
*           ASAPWeb! on http://www.asap.unimelb.edu.au/
* ------->Recovering Science and Technology in Australia