[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

CFP: Graduate Conference in HPSTM &c.

Dear STAMAsters,

This might be peripheral but I thought I would pass it on.

Gavan

>                      *************************
>                      *    MEPHISTOS  1996    *
>                      *************************
>
>               GRADUATE STUDENT CONFERENCE ANNOUNCEMENT
>                           CALL for PAPERS
>
>	MEPHISTOS 1996,  the 15th Annual Graduate Student Conference in
>the Philosophy, History, and Sociology of Science, Technology, and
>Medicine, and related fields, welcomes your abstracts and registrations.
>
>                    -----> VITAL INFORMATION <----
>| * February 23 to 25, 1996                                             |
>| * University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada                     |
>| * Registration fee: $15 Canadian/$12 US - make check out to Mephistos |
>| * 1-page Abstracts due December 15, 1995 (20 minute papers)           |
>|                                                                       |
>| * Contact: mephisto@epas.utoronto.ca   (Ken Meiklejohn)               |
>
>          Visit our Web page for complete information, and session
>                   information as it becomes available:
>
>            -------------------------------------------------
>           |   http://www.epas.utoronto.ca:8080/~mephisto    |
>            -------------------------------------------------
>

>   MEPHISTOS was created for and designed by graduate students in order to
>provide a forum for fostering communication between grad students at
>different universities, and to offer a chance for lively interchange
>between those involved in the fields of Science Studies, broadly defined.
>In particular, the conference offers a stress-free environment in which to
>present research and discuss topics and trends in the field.  We strongly
>encourage students working in other non-HPS departments whose work touches
>on areas in science studies to come and present their work in this
>context.
>
>   Since we want to make this event ACCESSIBLE to graduate students on
>limited budgets, we will provide as many people as possible with FREE
>lodging on the couches, etc., of area graduate students.  This limited
>space is on a first-come, first-served basis, with those giving papers
>receiving priority.  There are some inexpensive rooms reserved in
>graduate housing (~$30 a night) and we will offer a list of area lodging
>upon request.  Travel information is also available upon request, and we
>will also attempt to provide coordinated carpool contacts to those driving
>along the same route, if registrations are received early enough.
>1    Funds permitting, travel subsidies which may become available will be
>issued on the basis of the order in which we receive your registration
>fee.
>
>                    -----> TO REGISTER <----
>| * Send your name, institutional affiliation, address (EMAIL and POST),|
>|   phone number, abstract (if presenting), and whether you want info   |
>|   on housing and travel by      December 15, 1995 (if presenting)     |
>|                      or by      January  20, 1996|(if only attending) |
> [...]
*   Gavan McCarthy - Chief Archivist
*    Australian Science Archives Project
*     University of Melbourne
*       203 Bouverie Street
*        Carlton, Vic. 3053 Australia
*         gavan@asap.unimelb.edu.au
*          Phone: +61 3 9347 9287 Fax: +61 3 9349 4630
*           ASAPWeb! on http://www.asap.unimelb.edu.au/
* ------->Recovering Science and Technology in Australia