[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Working with Knowledge Conference

Dear STAMAsters

I would like to place on record a big CONGRATULATIONS to the team at
the Australian Science Archives Project for providing the archival
community with the "Working with Knowledge" Conference.

The two day conference was stimulating and, as I often say to
students, professionally enriching.  The ASAP team brought to Australia a
group of international speakers, who with local speakers raised,
discussed, highlighted, many topical issues that are of real concern to
the profession in Australia and overseas.

I look forward to seeing the papers which are to be mounted on the
web.  I am also looking forward to the real outcomes of the
Conference.  These, I hope, are the ways we as a profession go about
confronting the issues raised so that practical solutions are achieved.

Congratulations again to the ASAP team.

Cheers

Bruce Smith
*   Bruce Smith
*   Department of Information Management
*   Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
*   GPO Box 2476V
*   Melbourne   3001        e-mail:    bruces@bf.rmit.edu.au
*   Australia               Facsimile: +61 3 9660.5837
*                           Telephone: +61 3 9660.5824
*
*   Visit the Australian Society of Archivists web page at:
*   http://www.aa.gov.au/AA_WWW/ProAssn/ASA/ASA.html