[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

HSTM-Hotline - WWW site notification service

Dear All,

Thanks for your comments on the renovated WWW Virtual Library for the
History of Science, Technology and Medicine.

I have created an additional service for those of you who like to keep
track of the new sites added to the database. It's called HSTM-Hotline and
is an automated email distribution list. Every Sunday, HSTM-Hotline will
send subscribers a list of sites added to the WWWVL-HSTM in the past week.
It's NOT a discussion list, so any replies or postings will bounce. Here's
an example of the format:

Added on 3 January 1998:

ARCHIVES FOR FAMILY PRACTICE  (399)
  American Academy of Family Physicians
  Direct URL: http://www.aafp.org/family/aafpf/archives.html

BAKKEN LIBRARY AND MUSEUM  (400)
  Direct URL: http://www.bakkenmuseum.org/

ETH LIBRARY: HISTORY OF SCIENCE COLLECTIONS  (403)
  Archives of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH)
  Direct URL: http://www.ethbib.ethz.ch/whs/wisshis.html

>From time to time I may also post other information concerning changes to
the WWWVL-HSTM. News of major updates, changes, or new facilities will be
posted to existing discussion lists as at present. As well as keeping you
up to date, HSTM-Hotline will provide me with an additional motivational
tool. Just imagine the embarrassment if I fail to reach my self-imposed
target of 20 sites per week!! ;-)

TO SUBSCRIBE to HSTM-Hotline, just send the message "subscribe
HSTM-Hotline" to majordomo@asap.unimelb.edu.au

Of course, there is also a list of all sites added recently to the
WWWVL-HSTM at:

	http://www.asap.unimelb.edu.au/hstm/hstm_added.htm

As with most things relating to the WWWVL-HSTM, this part of an ongoing
experiment to see what works and is useful for the HSTM community. If
nobody subscribes then I will have strong evidence that it was a dumb idea
to begin with...

Cheers, Tim

PS. Thanks to those who inquired after my cats - they send their regards...

Tim Sherratt (Tim.Sherratt@asap.unimelb.edu.au)
disCONTENTS - Purveyors of fine ideas
PO Box 140, Queanbeyan NSW 2620
Ph: +61 (0)6 2991043