[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

New Scientist on-line

Dear STAMAsters,

In my latest edition of _New Scientist_, which arrived yesterday, they
announced the launch of _New Scientist_ on the World Wide Web. The address is:

http://www.newscientist.com

It is free but there is Registration form that you need to fill in which
gives you a logon name and a password.

I have had a quick look and it looks like it could be a great resource.

On the subject of _New Scientist_ and other general science, technology and
medicine (healthcare) magazines my feeling is that it would be useful if
STAMAsters who regularly receive these magazines could inform STAMA of
articles or newsitems that have some bearing on our work and interests.

I have noticed in a number of recent _New Scientists_ a few items that
relate to the archives and records of science. I will endeavour to put
together a bit of a digest of things I have noticed recently but it would be
great if everyone could contribute.

Cheers .... Gavan

*   Gavan McCarthy - Chief Archivist
*    Australian Science Archives Project
*     University of Melbourne
*       203 Bouverie Street
*        Carlton, Vic. 3053 Australia
*         gavan@asap.unimelb.edu.au
*          Phone: +61 3 9347 9287 Fax: +61 3 9349 4630
*           ASAPWeb! on http://www.asap.unimelb.edu.au/
* ------->Recovering Science and Technology in Australia