[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Reference queries on STAMA

Dear STAMAsters,

Carol Edwards suggested:

>A question for subscribers and the moderator: "discussion, publication,
>and promotion of issues relating to science, technology, and medicine
> archives" - do you see these including being able to post reference
>queries which relate especially to science/technology/medicine
>projects or questions or expeditions or???? which have an
>international aspect?

I have no problem with this - in fact it seems like it could be quite a good
service that the list could provide. If there is general consent (or a
complete lack of dissagreement) I will change the info-page in due course.

Carol also suggested that we introduce ourselves - again a good idea - I
will alter the info-page to request new subscribers to post a brief note
about themselves and their work (even their hobbies - I have this vision of
putting together an International Science Archives acoustic band - folk,
blues, jug, brazilian,...whatever).

Yours (the STAMA Moderator with training wheels) .... Gavan
*   Gavan McCarthy - Chief Archivist
*    Australian Science Archives Project
*     University of Melbourne
*       203 Bouverie Street
*        Carlton, Vic. 3053 Australia
*         gavan@asap.unimelb.edu.au
*          Phone: +61 3 9347 9287 Fax: +61 3 9349 4630
*           ASAPWeb! on http://www.asap.unimelb.edu.au/
* ------->Recovering Science and Technology in Australia